The Malaysian Oil Scientists’ and Technologists’ Association or MOSTA is an association of scientists, technologists and other professionals involved in oils and fats science, technology and commerce. Inaugurated on 7 September 1989, MOSTA aims at promoting and advancing oils and fats science, technology and economic.
MOSTA is to be the leading organisation in the Asia-Pacific region on science, technology, quality and trade matters in oils and fats, and other lipid associated substances.
Our objectives can be divided into 2 main areas of:
Standards, Research and Publications
- To bring about standardisation of analytical methods, equipment and materials used in these important fields of oils and fats;
- To promote the advancement of technology and research in oils and fats, oleochemicals and other lipid associated substances;
- To provide professional communications through technical publications and scientific meetings;
- To collate and disseminate information on science and technology, trade and commerce of oils, fats and oleochemicals;
Trainings and Technology Transfer
- To improve the professional competence of these scientists, technologists, and any other persons involved in this industry;
- To encourage education and training at all levels in these important fields;
- To maintain close liaison with other professional, scientific and technological organisations;
- To promote the transfer of current technology and services in these fields to the industry;
- To promote the sustainable conservation of the environment in these fields.