FOSFA is a professional international contract issuing and arbitral body concerned exclusively with the world trade in oilseeds, oils, fats and edible groundnuts and is the major association of its kind in the field. Today the Federation represents over 700 members in 67 countries.
- Confederation of Science and Technology Associations of Malaysia (COSTAM)
A confederation of thirty-two scientific and technological associations in Malaysia
- Malaysian Palm Oil Board (MPOB)
- American Oil Chemist's Society
AOCS is an international society serving fats, oils, proteins, surfactants, and detergents fields. AOCS provides technical programs, publishes books and journals, sponsors meetings and exhibitions, organises membership by areas of interest (Divisions) and geographic regions (Sections).
- National Institute of Oilseed Products (NIOP)
The National Institute of Oilseed Products (NIOP) is an international trade association with the principal objective of promoting the general business welfare of persons, firms, and corporations engaged in the buying, selling, processing, shipping, storage and use of vegetable oils, and raw materials.
- Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development(OECD)
The OECD groups 29 member states in an organisation that, most importantly, provides governments with background information in which to discuss, develop and improve economical and social policy. Regarding oilseeds you can find The Agricultural Outlook 1998-2004, Oilseeds.
- International Lecithin & Phospholipid Society (ILPS)
The ILPS originated in 1991 as a non-profit organisation. The groups purpose is to evaluate methods and discuss scientific topics related to phospholipids.
- American Cleaning Institute (ACI)
Formerly Soap and Detergent Association (SDA). The U.S. national non-profit trade association represents approximately 135 manufacturers of household, industrial and institutional cleaning products, the ingredients used in cleaning products; and finished packaging.
- DGF (Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Fettwissenschaft e.V.)
T he German Oils and Fats Society
- Euro Fed Lipid
European Federation of the Science and Technology of Lipids. A federation of certain existing National Societies within Europe.
- International Society for the Study of Fatty Acids and Lipids (ISSFAL).
- British Nutrition Foundation carries information on lipids in addition to other food components.
- Asia & Pacific Seed Association
- Canola Council of Canada
- Japan Oil Chemists' Society
- Australian Oilseeds Federation, Inc. (AOF)
- National Oilseed Processors Association (NOPA)
- National Cottonseed Products Association (NCPA)
- Asia Pacific Clinical Nutrition Society (APCNS)
- Scandinavian Forum for Lipid Research and Technology
- Malaysia Palm Oil Board (MPOB)
Research and development on oil palm and its products are the aims of MPOB which shall be reached by expanding and improving current uses of palm oil products, finding new uses, improving production efficiency and quality of products, and promoting the use, consumption, and marketability of palm oil products.
- USDA - ARS National Center for Agricultural Utilization Research (NCAUR)
Oil Chemical Research (OCR) - The Oil Chemical Research web site gives information about activities regarding the oil sector of NCAUR - research projects, tech transfer, recent publications, related links etc.
- Fats and Oils
This web site aims to provide detailed product data for oilseed crushings on raw materials received, crushings, and inventories of primary oilseed producers. Furthermore you can find current data on production, consumption, and stocks of animal fats and vegetable oils as well as detailed data on the quantity and value of shipments of paint, varnish, and lacquer products.
- USDA - Oil Crops Outlook (OCS)
Examines U.S. and world soybean, oilseed and vegetable oil production, supply, prices, and trade; includes U.S. cottonseed, peanuts, sunflowerseed, other special oilseeds, tropical oils, corn oil, and animal fats.
- NPLC (National Plant Lipid Cooperative)
French Research Institute dealing with oils and fats research and technology.
- FFA Sciences
A company manufacturing probes to measure free fatty acid levels in oils and clinical samples.
- The European Olive Oil Medical Information Library
Scientific and medical information on the role of diet in general and olive oil in particular, researched and validated by the Institute of Atherosclerosis Research at the University of Münster, Germany.
- Journal of Lipid Research
Lipid Research Inc, Bethesda, Md. Since 1959.
- European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology
Ed Prof. F. Spener, Wiley-VCH, Weinheim. Since 2000.
- Chemical Biology Virtual Journal (Royal Society of Chemistry)
Free access to all the biological articles published by RSC for the first month after publication.
Links to many chemical journals with free access to some. It is necessary to register but this is free.
free access to back issues of many biochemical journals, including the Journal of Lipid Research (current issues are free after 1-2 years)
- Lipid Bank for Web
A database of information on lipid structures and properties with thousands of references
A r elational database of thermodynamic and associated information on lipid mesophase and crystal polymorphic transitions, including lipid molecular structures (glycero- and sphingolipids).
- USDA - NCAUR Oilseeds and New Crops Chemcial Database
A public database (with no charges) of the chemical composition of 15,738 seed accessions.
- Chemistry and Physics of Lipids
Elsevier Science, Limerick, Ireland. Since 1966.
- Current Opinion in Lipidology
Lippincott Williams and Wilkins, London. Since 1990.
- International News on Fats, Oils and related Materials (INFORM)
AOCS, Champaign, IL. Since 1990. Journal of Food Lipids - Food and Nutrition Press, Trumbull, CT. Since 1993.
- Journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society (JAOCS)
- Journal of Oleo Science
(Continuation of J Jap Oil Chem Soc) Japan Oil Chemists' Society
- Journal of Surfactants and Detergents
AOCS, Champaign, Il. Since 1947.
- Lipid Technology
The International Magazine of oils, fats, lipids and waxes. PJ Barnes and Associates, PO Box 200, Bridgwater TA7 0YZ, England.
- Lipid Technology Newsletters
PJ Barnes and Associates, PO Box 200, Bridgwater TA7 0YZ, England.
AOCS, Champaign, Il. Since 1947.
- Molecular and Cell Biology of Lipids
(Biochimica Biophysica Acta) - Elsevier Science.
- Oils and Fats International
DMG business Media Ltd, Queensway House, 2 Queensway, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1QS, England. Since 1985.
- Progress in Lipid Research
Elsevier Science. Since 1978.
- Recent Research Developments in Oil Chemistry
Transworld research network, Trivandrum, India.
- Oil World
Oil World is a German company producing data on a weekly basis for oilseeds, oils and fats, and oilmeals and covers production, imports, exports, and disappearance. Information is based on different commodity oils and fats and is presented on the basis of individual countries.
- Asia Pacific Journal of Clinical Nutrition
- International Organization of Standardization
(ISO)The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) is a worldwide federation of national standards bodies from about 130 countries, one of each country being a non-governmental organisation. Its mission is to promote the worldwide development of standardisation and related activities with a view to facilitate the international exchange of goods and services, and to develop co-operation in the spheres of intellectual, scientifical, technological and economical activity.
- Avanti Polar Lipids Inc. - suppliers of pure lipid standards
- Matreya Inc. (U.S.A.) - pure fatty acids and lipids
- Oxford Biomedical Research (U.K.) - eicosanoids, prostaglandins, bioactive lipids
- Larodan of Sweden - pure fatty acids and lipids